Ottawa Korean Community Church (OKCC) is a community of faith in Ottawa, the capital city of Canada.
The majority of our community members are Koreans, however we are a family of faith in diversity of backgrounds, languages, and cultures.
The vision statement of OKCC
is “To lift and praise God’s glory,
to become mature disciples of Jesus,
to fulfill a community of God’s love,
and to spread the Gospel
to the ends of the earth.”
Joint prayer for the vision of OKCC
Oh most sovereign God, Creator and Ruler of all things
Thank you for planting our church which started small and weak and for leading us to this day.
We believe that our church’s worship, mission, fellowship and education are carried out through Your preordination and providence.
May our church incessantly be filled with worship, Your word, prayer, and praise. As we celebrate our church’s 40th anniversary, help us to be more faithful to the mission that You have entrusted to us. Let us love one another, serve each other and the world, preach the gospel to the ends of the earth, and grant us wisdom, power, and the gift of the Holy Spirit to be able to realize justice.
Let us be a fountain of love to our neighbors who are in midst of hate, fear, and despair. Help us to be a shelter of love to visitors and outsiders. May we be the protector of discriminated women and ignored neighbours. Help us to be a harbour for refugees who have lost their homeland and sovereignty. Help us to be healers of the abused earth and heaven. May we be models of faith and life to our children and youth who grow like sprouts.
The past 40 years of our church’s history have been written with Your help and grace. Your providence and grace are necessary in the 50th year of the jubilee and the next 40 years. Please take away everything that weighs us down, and help us to advance following only You. This earth, the heavens, this world, and our church all are Yours.
We pray in the name of Jesus the Head of the church. Amen.
The Year Focusing on the Word of God and Prayer
- Slogan: Be Holy by the Word of God and Prayer
- Phrase: 1 Timothy 4:5, “for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.“
- We learn the Bible and proper doctrine to discern the right teachings. We do not fall into hypocrisy and legalism and try to reach a godly life through godly training, including the Word of God and prayer.
- We do not neglect the training of the Word and help the ministry of the church to cultivate the ministers of the Word.
- We realize the power of prayer and participate in prayer ministry. We strive to balance prayer and ministry.
- We consecrate me, my home and my city with the Word of God and prayer.
Rev. Man Young Park
- Previous Ministry: Assistant Pastor in OKCC, Bahurim (KM Youth Adult)
- Previous Ministry: Assistant Pastor GeumO church, Chojang Dong church (Korea)
- Education: Korea Theological Seminary (M.Div)
- Ordination: The Presbyterian Church in Korea (Kosin)
Rev. Namjong Jerry Cho
- Current Ministry: Mosaic (English Ministry)
- Previous Ministry: Youth Pastor & EM Assistant Pastor in First Korean Baptist Church of Raleigh
- Education: Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary(Ph.D in Education)
- Ordination: First Korean Baptist Church of Raleigh
Rev. Doyoon Lee
- Current Ministry: Philoi (Grade 1-6), Newly Married Couple Group, intercessory prayer Group
- Previous Ministry: Education Pastor in Gwacheon Church, Sang-Il Church)
- Education: McMaster Divinity College (MA), Presbyterian University and Theological Seminary (M.Div)
- Ordination: The Presbyterian Church of Korea (Tonghap)
Ottawa Korean Christian Fellowship, an independent evangelical church, was established in November 21st, 1976. The inaugural meeting commenced as forty three Korean Christians, led by Rev. D.W. Jung, began their first service at a chapel room in Glebe St. James United Church.