Welcome to all New members!
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, we would like to welcome you.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help introduce you to everything from your first church visit to new member registration.
384 Arlington Ave. Ottawa, ON, K1R 6Z5
Sunday at 11:15 AM (Interpreting in English)
Sunday at 1:00 PM (English Ministry)
Please allow the Parking Guide to assist you in parking your vehicle.
To avoid issues, please read and follow winter parking regulations when parking on a nearby streets.
Please refrain from leaving your personal belongings in your car.
About Sunday School
We encourage you to send your children to Sunday school service.
The primary objective of Sunday school is to teach young children that we are here to glorify God, and to worship Him as true worshipers.
Parents who want to worship with their infant (under 24 months of age) can worship in the nursery.
Mom (dad), child, and God!
The nursery is a place of worship, provided for parents and infants (under 24 months of age), who are unable to worship in the main worship hall for Sunday service. The primary goal by allowing you and your infant to worship together is to allow them to feel that Sunday, the Lord’s day, is joyous and to that they associate this day as a special day.
For anybody wanting to worship with their infant (under 24 months of age).
On Sunday’s, the nursery is available for use until 1pm, and a live feed is provided for the 2nd Worship Service (11: 15am ~ 12: 30 pm).
Young Children (Ainos)
Our goal is for children to KNOW Jesus Christ and to GROW in the knowledge and love of God.
and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 3:15)
Children growing up in Faith
And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving (Colossians 2:6-7)
The Ottawa Korean Church offers refreshments and tea after the worship service in the Fellowship hall.
Our primary goal is to make all new members feel as comfortable as possible, and we do so by providing you a time where you are able to interact and share your faith with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
New member registration procedure
Complete your registration form
- If you are new to our church, please fill out the new member registration form as directed by the “New members” deacon. (The registration form contain a few general questions).
Church information and greetings
- During announcements, at your first worship service, the pastor will introduce you to the rest of the congregation.
- Please ensure to meet the pastor following the worship service as he will provide you with a short introduction of the church.
- The “New members” department will help pair you with a cell group and arrange for you to receive your offering envelopes.
“New membership” training guide
“New membership” Introduction
- You must attend one of the three “New membership” trainings held every year and which are led by the “New members” department.
- New membership training is held on three consecutive Sundays, and is led by the head pastor as he covers; ones beliefs; church life; fellowship; and life in Ottawa.
- Once “New membership” training is completed, for those interested may register for ‘one-on-one discipleship training’.
- ‘One-on-one discipleship’ training is a 7-week program. It is led by either an elder, pastor, or deacon who have previously taken part in the “one-to-one discipleship” program offered by the church. As a new member, you may designate with who you would like to be paired with, and in the advent where you are unable to pair yourself, the :new members” deacon will assist you in connecting you with someone.
- ‘One-on-one discipleship’ can be held at any time and location at the choosing of the new member.
General Assembly Member & Next Steps
General Assembly Member
- In accordance to the church constitution and its qualifications for membership, following a six month period from the date of new member registration, he or she will be registered as a member of the General Assembly.
- Once a member of the General Assembly, you are qualified to attend and participate in the Budget General Assembly, the Church Officers General Assembly, and any Ad Hoc General Assembly.
Fellowship and participation
- New members are encouraged to attend and actively participate with their assigned cell group and share in a time of fellowship and interaction.
- By becoming a new member of the church, you automatically become a member of the men’s or women’s group. We trust you will enjoy great times of fellowship within these groups.
- There are many departments within the church in which you can serve and share. We encourage you to discover the many departments and look forward to working closely with you in sharing the love of Christ.
“We thank all those who have registered with the Ottawa Korean Community Church and pray that the Lord’s care and grace fall upon you.”
If you have any inquiries in regards to our church or its homepage, please feel free to contact us through the link below. We will try and respond as soon as possible.